domingo, 21 de octubre de 2012

Water adventures


In an island it is not a too big surprise that the beach is part of our everyday life. It is very new for me. I have to admit that I was always a "princess" on the beach, taking care of my hair not to be sandy or my clothes not to be wet and creasy. This period ended 7 weeks ago, when I arrived here and I had to realize that it is impossible to really enjoy the amazing beaches and the ocean with keeping my hair dry and nice:) So I decided to participate in every type of "ocean program" with all of my enthusiasm. That's how I started to take surf classes and it gave me the opportunity to experience how many different parts of your body can be hurt by a surf board:) Our teacher was a professional who is a perfectionist with his students, so we started on a beach where the waves were huge, enormous, giant! And exceptionally now I am not exaggerating. I would call these classes as fights against the waves, but it was really worth it. I could experience the power of the ocean and my own endurance. Finally I could stand on the board a few times, which made me really happy, but I think I am going to wait with the next try until the spring comes and gives us back the normal-sized waves (because these ones now are already the signs of winter).


The other water adventure supposed to be a little bit drier, but finally it wasn't:)!
We visited one of the most famous sights of Tenerife which is called Los Gigantes. These huge cliffs look also beautiful from the beach but the experience is incomparable from the ocean side. It is an incredible feeling when you are there at the foot of the extremely high cliffs and there is nothing else around you: the water, that huge amount of stone and a silent kayak (or not even that if you swim away a little bit from the group). 




Less than two months was enough for me to become addicted to the ocean and to make the coast the only place where I can really think about the important decisions of my life...



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario