viernes, 30 de noviembre de 2012

Residencia de los mayores

As a European Volunteer I need to prepare my own project during my voluntary service. In Hungary I am volunteering with children so I decided that here I would like to work with elders. We started to look for the perfect nursing home with my flat mate and very good friend, Iza. Finally we found a small one with not too many residents, we talked to the director and they were absolutely open for all of our ideas and initiatives. So we spent the first day with them on Monday, we had a small gymnastic in the morning and then we prepared Christmas cards and Christmas tree ornaments in small groups. It was such a nice feeling and actually not much different from the way how I spend my time with children.
This process of life...when we are children we need help with walking, eating and entertaining. Then after 70 more years we need all of these help again... We discussed this beautiful circulation of life with my walking lady, Justa, who is exactly 90 years old, but as fit as a teenager. It was a great pleasure to listen her stories from her childhood and about the years she spent in Switzerland. We laughed a lot together, especially when the nurse said that we can go out to the street so: "Justa leave your walker here". She immediately left the aid, caught my arm and wanted to start. When the nurse arrived with the wheelchair we all broke into laugh as she wanted to give her a biggest help while Justa wanted to walk without any.

I can't wait to go back again! This time we will start to decorate the residencia for Christmas...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario