viernes, 14 de septiembre de 2012

Fiestas


Yesterday morning I thought that my new entry would be about the new fruit I tried (fig), but it turned out that it is going to be about Los Turrones Artesanos. 
Yes, let me explain this!

It deserves at least a photo

Nevertheless the fig was extremely delicious, there is something much more special going on in La Laguna right now. The whole town is excited about the Fiestas de Santisimo Cristo, which means that the main streets and squares are full of traditional programs for two weeks.
So far I only participated in two events, the first one called Caballitos de fuego (Horses of fire). Actually this was the coolest traditional program I’ve ever seen. I let the pictures talk instead of me, but I have to tell you that as a girl from a capital city I can appreciate these kinds of events very much. That feeling when you see that the whole town comes together to celebrate, to enjoy the colorful papers and the laugh of the kids is unforgettable.












Of course there are things which are the same everywhere when it is a public celebration, such as the balloon, traditional food and Chinese toys venders who appear immediately and the party can start with a pink cotton candy or in our case with an even more sweet thing called turron.
With my lovely Marie and our turron:)

Besides now I can experience the „little place atmosphere” which means that I usually meet at least two or three people who I know….after two weeks.
I fell in love with this small city, with its colorful traditions and extremely kind people who are always smiling back and say “Hola” even if they don’t know me:)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario