domingo, 23 de septiembre de 2012

The real food entry


After 3 weeks in Tenerife, finally I tried the really typical food of the island. One of my best friends decided that she would not read my blog if I am posting about different dishes because it makes her hungry all the time, so I'm sorry darling, don’t read it from this point:)

I start from the very beginning. So far I didn’t mention our super cool team which consists the volunteers of two organizations: AURI (where I work) and IslaCreactiva which is our coordinator organization. The most important people here who are making our life so easy with their support, enthusiasm and kindness are Santa, David and Jony. They are officially our mentors but in fact they are our big siblings who are solving all of our problems:)

So the whole food experience started at David’s place with a very special occasion. In Hungary we have the biggest firework of the year on 20th August, but here it is during the Fiestas del Santísimo Cristo. 
So David invited us to watch the firework from the roof of his brand new apartment and he prepared this very nice welcome table for us:


This was my first encounter with mojo verde y mojo rojo (I vote for the red one:)) which are typical sauces made of different herbs, garlic, olive oil and other secret ingredients. You can eat it with French fries, cheese, or simply with bread.
It was also the first time (but definitely not the last time) when I ate small sandwiches with dates on the top. Very nice job David, you are a great host!
After the firework the night ended with an amazing fiesta and lots of dancing.



The first warm dish experience has happened two days ago, when the whole group went to a local restaurant with nicely painted extremely white walls and very hard benches to sit on. These all belonged to the atmosphere, but obviously the unforgettable part was the food. We tried 6 different dishes, but I would like to mention my two favourites: queso (goat cheese) con mojo rojo y verde (you already know these, right?) and this special salad with a (for me) brand new fruit called membrio. I could eat these until the end of my life…


















                                                
The team:)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario