miércoles, 19 de septiembre de 2012

What is a real adventure?


I guess everybody would give different answers to this question. My version is exactly the thing that I have done today. One of the most important people in my life gave me the inspiration to go to the central bus station and take the first bus which leaves. So I took the idea this morning and I ended up in Candelaria. This small city is a famous pilgrimage destination, so I found a nice cathedral some religious legends and a lot of sunbathing crabs.

My favourite part was the Plaza de la Patrona de Canarias with the statues of nine guanches who were the aboriginal kings of Tenerife (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanches). The view was fascinating: the ocean with the strong and powerful statues.


After being a typical tourist I decided to turn into a local girl so I followed some old Canarian men to their favourite Churrería on the beach. The churros is a traditional Spanish food (even if they are selling some good ones in the Middle-East too). You can choose from different sauces such as vanilla, but I decided to take it with hot chocolate. After my little break, I visited some fantastic beaches and walked until I reached the end of the city. At that point I took the bus back home, and now I am sitting on the same couch again wondering if this magical adventure was real or not…. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario